Many iOS device owners sell older devices in the used market. You have to remove Apple ID from iPhone and Mac, so the buyers can get rid of the iCloud lock and sign in from their Apple account. Of course, it’s not an easy process for an average user who hasn’t done this before. That’s not something you should not be worried about because I have covered everything that you need to know about removing the Apple ID from an iPhone, iPad, and Mac computer.
How to remove your Mac and iPhone that are associated with Apple ID from a web browser?
Your Apple device might be inaccessible, or you cannot reach it at the moment. We can assume multiple scenarios, where you have to remove Apple ID from the device. Fortunately, you can log in to the cloud storage account and remove the connected devices from a web browser.
- Go to the Apple ID website and log in to the account user credentials.
- Confirm your identity, and I chose to receive the code in an SMS.
- Enter the code on the website, and it will automatically forward the site to the dashboard.
- Find “Devices” from the dashboard and tap on the device name.
- I selected iMac Pro, and you have the “Remove from account” option.
- You can follow the same instruction and click on “Remove from account” to remove the iPhone.
I have shown you how you can remove macOS and iOS devices without having them physically. Apple asks the account owner to confirm the identity but you can use SMS service to receive the confirmation code.
How to remove Apple Account from the iOS device?
iPhone and iPad have a similar user interface and aren’t different from each other. Allow me to show you how you can remove Apple ID from an iOS device. Connect your iOS device to the internet.
- Tap on the Settings > Apple ID > Sign Out.
- Enter the Apple ID password to confirm the action and then tap on “Turn Off.”
Give your device a couple of seconds to rely upon the information to the server and log you out of the account.
How to unlink Apple ID from iOS App Store?
Many were complaining that the App Store is using the same Apple ID despite removing it from the device. Users don’t know that iCloud and App Store are two separate entities. You can use any Apple ID to manage apps on the iOS device, and that is why it doesn’t matter.
- Tap on App Store and then click on your profile picture.
- Swipe down to the bottom and tap on Sign Out.
- Give the App Store a couple of moments, and you will find the login screen on the top.
That’s how you can remove your Apple account in App Store and don’t have to worry about a single trace of your ID. However, App Store won’t function at maximum capacity due to the missing account. You shouldn’t rely on iCloud storage anymore and store the data in local storage.
How to remove Apple ID from Mac or MacBook with password?
Mac software team didn’t make any drastic changes in the user interface, so there will be no learning curve. Nonetheless, you can sign out Apple ID in the machine following a simple guide. However, I implore the readers to back up the data using traditional methods such as saving media, documents, and files in local storage.
- Click on the Apple logo > System Preferences > Apple ID.
- Tap on Sign Out located at the bottom.
- Wait for a couple of moments, and Apple ID is removed from the machine.
You must connect the machine to the internet for the options to show up on the screen. macOS Catalina didn’t ask me for a password to confirm the action.
You don’t need a third party to unlink Apple ID from iPhone and Mac. You may have to disable “Find My” in iPhone, iPad, and Mac machines before removing the Apple ID because they do interrupt the process. Of course, you can reach the Apple service center with a purchase receipt, and they can help you delete the account permanently.