Your music artist drops the latest songs on Spotify, YouTube, and Apple music and then you find out that Airpods are not working correctly. Don’t forget that Apple products do fail and it is a common problem with hardware & software. There are many ways you can solve common Airpods problems and none of them are complicated to follow. Of course, I won’t include solutions that might void the warranty or damage the earpieces further.
Why my Apple Airpods stops working and how to fix them?
Apple created a unique market of wireless earphones that generate over $8 billion. Of course, the premium wireless earphones bundled with advanced features and designed beautifully, but they do fail often. Airpods is a combination of Bluetooth technology and hardware. The number of scenarios could be many, but there are only a few solutions available on the internet. In this tutorial, I will mention the scenarios and provide appropriate solutions that will work for you.
Update Airpods Firmware
Millions of experts might suggest the device owners update iOS 13 or something similar. But, I want the readers to update wireless device software because Apple is working a lot on the sound output of macOS and iOS mobile operating systems. I do recommend the readers to focus on updating Airpods software to avoid incompatibility and unknown bugs to interfere with the sound production.
- Connect the wireless device to the iPhone.
- Make sure the iPhone recognizes it and connects it properly.
- Connect the charging port to Airpods, and the same theory followed by wireless charging editions.
- Double-check, whether charging has reached over 90%, and do not disconnect the charger.
- Tap on the “Settings” and then “General”.
- Now, tap on “About” to view all connected devices.
- Find “Airpods” in the about section and tap to open it.
- The iPhone will automatically lookup for the software update, and applies it.
How to fix left or right AirPod if it does not work
Bluetooth technology doesn’t change on a wide range of machines integrated with it. Repairing the device usually fixes the problem on Windows Phone, Android, iOS, and macOS. In this case, we are going to perform the repairing Bluetooth device and wireless earphones to resolve the problem.
- Click on “Settings” and tap on “Bluetooth”.
- Tap on (i) button to view connected devices settings, and then tap on “Forget This Device” to remove it.
- You have successfully removed wireless devices by tapping on Forget This Device and you should able to re-connect the wireless earphones.
Put both wireless earphones in the charging case, and let them sit there for one minute. Now, you can repair them to resolve software related problems. It is a quick solution and this has nothing to do with Apple and this is a common problem with Bluetooth technology.
Turn on/Turn off Automatic Ear Detection
Airpods added proximity sensors in the wireless device, so it could find out whether you are wearing them or removing them. That’s how the wireless device knows whether to playback the music or stops it. Enabling the function saves plenty of time, and disabling it saves battery instead.
- Fire up the “Settings” and tap on “Bluetooth”.
- Tap on connected Airpods (i) button to view more options.
- Click on “Automatic Ear Detection” to turn it off.
Apple said that if the consumers every feel that they a problem with the Airpods, then they should either reset the firmware or consult the nearest Apple service center.
Static & Patchy Sound Output
W1 chip inside Airpods do clash with Wi-Fi frequencies and that’s why low-end smartphones didn’t have Bluetooth & Wi-Fi a decade ago. Unfortunately, W1 chip does interfere with Wi-Fi chips inside the phones including Android and iPhone, and you cannot fix the problem.
- Disable Wi-Fi for optimal sound performance.
- Answer the calls via Airpods by maintaining two meters of distance.
I don’t think Apple can fix the problem in the current generation via a firmware update. You may have to purchase the second generation or whatever comes up later down the line.
If Siri isn’t working on Airpods then try this
iOS does come out with known glitches & bugs, and they constantly create multiple problems. Apple voice command system “Siri” is a popular Artificial intelligence that millions of consumers rely on it. Airpods configured to work with iPhone & iPad and of course, “Siri” voice command. Many existing owners reported that it doesn’t accept the command and doesn’t even respond, but iPhone responds after the disconnection of the wireless device.
Disconnect the Airpods.
Try to speak through Apple Watch and give commands over Apple Watch.
Reconnect the Airpods.
This solution has worked for the majority of the Bluetooth earphone owners, and it will work on the iOS running machine.
Consult authorized engineers, when you think Airpods doesn’t work despite trying multiple solutions over the period. Apple covers all repair/replacement scenarios under warranty and does not miss out on the problem. Let us know which solution worked for you in the comment section below.