Social media is a popular concept a decade ago, and millions of people around the world connected. However, social media giants faced backlash for breaching privacy, so they started to add restrictions and policies that would prevent the audience & the company to maintain standards. The American social media giant Facebook brought a smart method to allow the users to know who viewed their Facebook profile. However, we found that there aren’t many working solutions available out there. We have found two prominent methods that have been around for a while, but only a handful amount of people know about it.
Facebook added a dedicated option to check profile activity and find out who has visited the page. However, the American company added a couple of restrictions to maintain privacy. It is important to keep an eye on the profile activity as you may have unwanted people landing on the page. The social media giant smartly implemented the security feature, and they find out who has accessed the profile. The majority of the FB profiles are not viewable without logging into the account. Visitors have to login into the FB account to view it, and that’s when the algorithm will record it.
You can take advantage of the information to find out the users who have visited the profile in the last few days. Of course, there is a limit to what you can check to an extent, but we are going to explore further. Two methods will work for many years to come, and the second method has been active since the 2010s. We have been using the second method for a very long time, and it works flawlessly in 2020 as well.
How to see who viewed my FB profile from the account
FB introduced the “who viewed my Facebook profile” feature in the account. You can check the number of people who checked the profile from the dashboard. However, it is not accessible using quick options because it is hiding somewhere in the settings. Allow us to guide you through the process, and you can check out the number of profiles visited the page.
- Log in to the FB account.
- Click on the down arrow button located at the top right side to reveal the drop-down menu.
- Tap on “Privacy & Settings” to continue.
- FB will display more options and click on “Privacy Shortcuts” to continue.
- Your browser will leave the page to land on the “Privacy Shortcuts” page.
- Look for “who viewed my Facebook profile”, and view users, who have visited the page in the last 30 days.
How can I check who visited my Facebook profile
The California-based social media company frequently making changes to the system. You may not have the option available anymore because they are making changes for the good of users. We are going to explore another option and it has worked a billion times in the past. FB cannot remove it as it is part of the website code and it is working flawlessly for a decade now.
- Log in to the FB account.
- Go to your profile.
- Right-mouse click on the web page for more options and then click on “View Source or, you can use the link that we have provided (view-source:https://www.facebook.com/kksilvery) and replace “kksilvery” with your profile id.
- Now, press Ctrl + S in the “View Source” page and then look for “buddy_id” and then wait for the search bar to look for it.
- We found many buddy id but we have selected one for demonstration.
- Copy the profile id in the clipboard.
- Now, type (facebook.com/buddy_id) and it will display the profile.
Now, you know which friend has visited the profile in the past 30 days. You will find a lot of friends on the list and the order will decide the time stamp. The technique has worked in the past and it will continue to work as it is part of the Facebook privacy system.