iOS device has tons of features, but some of them suffer from errors. Voicemail currently unavailable is one of those errors that can occur on any smartphone available in the market. Voicemail is a innovative & traditional method that was used to record the callers audio, when the receiver is not available at the moment. You may have a lot of entries on the number, but you cannot access it as it says “Voicemail currently unavailable” and it is a pain to resolve it. We are going to look at several solutions that you can try to solve the issue and continue the journey.
Turn on Airplane or Aeroplane Mode
Your network plays a role in voicemail technology because it fetches information from the inbox and that’s how you access the messages. The device owner have to enable the airplane mode which will turn off all forms of network capabilities in the phone.
- Open Settings and then tap to Aeroplane mode.
- Ensure to leave the device in that state for a minute.
- Now, you can turn off the Aeroplane mode or Airplane mode, so the device can connect to the VM inbox.
Try to access the voicemail inbox and it won’t cause any problem this time.
Turn off mobile data and then switch on
We have mentioned earlier that an active internet connection plays crucial role in voicemail functions. Your Wi-Fi connection might not be working and that’s when you can use mobile data connection. If Wi-Fi connection is not working out for you then you can switch to mobile data.
- Tap on Settings > Carrier > Cellular.
- Click on the “Cellular Data” button to turn on the option.
If your network allows 4G or 5G connection then you should set the setting to “Voice & Data” to get both options. Many countries offer VoLTE services and iPhone/iPad chooses one of the option by default. If your carrier is offering 4G or 5G with voice and data then you should select it in the device for maximum services.
Update Carrier Settings / Reset All Settings
iPhone/iPad stores a lot of network configuration and carriers don’t update them on-time. There might have been network configuration error or corruption or expired data. The configuration might be old or outdated, which is one of the contributing reason why voicemail is not working anymore. You should consider updating the carrier settings that may have stuck in the iPhone/iPad because many networks don’t have sophisticated technology to work with iOS devices.
- Fire up Settings from the homescreen.
- Tap on General > About.
- Now, look for carrier or cellular in the about section and then tap on it.
Your device will search for the latest updates and then update them automatically. You don’t have to worry about the manual setup because Apple has designed to communicate with cellular technology.
There could be settings error as well and it is not easy to figure it out and solve the problem. In such cases, you can reset the iPhone/iPad settings from the iOS device and save a lot of time.
- Tap on Settings > General > Reset.
- Tap on the first option “Reset All Settings” to begin the process.
- Click on the passcode or Face ID or Touch ID to confirm the action.
- The confirmation pop-up shows up on the screen and then tap on “Reset All Settings” to begin the process.
- Your iPhone/iPad will begin resetting the settings and land the device on the Apple logo.
You can monitor the progress by keeping an eye on the progress bar. The device will reset all settings back to the original state in 10 minutes and it works smoothly on all iOS versions. You should create a backup of the data because one mistake is enough to lose the data. If you already lost it then try this to recover it quickly.
Readers should contact the carrier customer care if you believe that there is no problem with the iPhone/iPad. Many Telecommunication companies are updating technology and changing the infrastructure for future technology.