The most popular VoIP application released Discord Screen Share feature in the latest software edition. Of course, I have used it in direct messages, voice channels in a server, and more. I will be showing the readers how to use it and also the limitations of the feature. I wanted to know the maximum possibilities of the feature and how I can use it to improve my presence in the server.
Discord developing team was hearing the requests of passionate gamers such as myself. The developer’s team added screen sharing functionalities that exceed my expectations, where I can do plenty of things with it. Of course, it comes with restrictions that made Discord Nitro (premium package) worthy of subscribing. Registered users can share desktop screen, gameplay, and other things that I will talk about it.
I always used direct messages to contact friends and shared my screen to solve game-related problems. Recently, I was able to solve problems related to Apex Legends (graphics settings) for higher FPS and smooth experience. Of course, I recommend the users to try this because it is a handy function that every Discord user must try.
- Call the person that you want to share the screen.
- Click on the “Turn on Screen Share” icon to continue.
- A small window will pop-up on the screen and select the stream quality, and then click on “Share” to start the process.
The screen mirroring works smoothly on [email protected], and I must say that this function requires good upload speed. Normal screen mirroring doesn’t require higher hardware specifications because you need a 1GHz processor, 1GB RAM, and 256MB video memory.
I’m always connected to the voice channels and constantly talking to the members. Sharing my screen comes handy when I want to explain other players regarding my situation in the game. I love to share the information on how you can mirror desktop screens or games in the voice channels.
- Join the voice channel of the server, and you can select any one of them. Click on the “Go Live” button to share the screen and start the process.
- A small window will appear on the screen “Screens” and then “Screen 1” to proceed. If you have a connected secondary display, then it will appear on the list and select “Screen 2 or 3” for mirroring it.
- The stream will begin and connected members and new members can view it.
Remember, voice channel connected users will be able to watch the stream. The live service is not available to watch for everyone in the server, and they have to join manually to watch it. In short, no need to worry about privacy problems and you can keep it secure at the same time.
Don’t want to share the entire desktop screen? Allow me to guide you on how to share one window and keep the rest of the applications & desktop screens hidden from the world. I love the customizations because I can maintain privacy and get the job done without people knowing about what on the desktop.
- Again, Join the voice channel in the server and then click on the “Go Live” button.
- Select “Applications” and then select one window from the list.
- A new window pop-up on the screen and then click on “Go Live” to start it.
How Do I Stream Games on Discord
In this case, PC administrators need a decent gaming machine for the process.
- Launch the game and stay in the lobby and minimize the window. Check the game title appearing in the left bottom and click on the computer icon.
- A window will appear on the screen and then tap on “Go Live” to start the stream.
- A new window shows up on the screen and the stream begins.
Registered users can minimize the video window and browse around normally. I maximized the video window for the sake of the demonstration, and you can monitor the number of people who are watching it.
I opened the Discord Android and iOS app, and I could not find the feature. Officially, screen sharing is not available on smartphones. Unfortunately, mobile device users cannot watch someone else stream, and that’s a limitation.
Screen Share is a wonderful feature in Discord that comes in handy for an avid gamer. I must say that it came in handy for me and my friends plenty of time when we wanted to configure the graphics settings and other problems.