If you can’t sign into Yahoo email? Yes, it is happening to several users from now and then due to minor issues, but it is annoying. It is frustrating when you are not able to sign in to the account, and I’m facing a similar problem right now. I will take you through official solutions that will help you to access the Yahoo email account. I will also include a tutorial that will eliminate the use of passwords to log in, and access Yahoo directly.
Log in via the recovery email address
If you don’t remember the password, and then you can log in via another email service or recovery email address.
You can perform all actions on iPhone or iPad, but I chose a desktop machine for convenience. It’s up to you, where you want to reset the password, and you can do the same from the app as well.
- Go to the Yahoo email login page and enter the email address and then tap the Next button.
- Click on “forgot password?” to continue.
- Choose the email address that you have access to and confirm the identity.
- Enter the password and click on “Next” to confirm the identity.
- If you have enabled Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) then confirm the action on smartphone.
- Yahoo will notify you about adding multiple recovery points.
- Click on “Looks good” to continue.
- A 5-digit code is sent to the recovery email address.
- Enter the 5-digit code and click on the “Verify recovery” button.
- Click on “Looks good” to access the inbox.
- You have complete access to the Yahoo email inbox.
This is how I was able to access the first-ever email account that I have created back in 2007. You no longer need to remember the password to access the email account, and that’s how Yahoo is moving to the future.
Reset the Yahoo email password
Resetting the password is the ultimate solution if the problem is persisting and not going away at all. I’m in a similar situation as well, where the valid password is not working at all, and unable to come up with an alternative solution. Let’s not go through the reason and reset the password instead.
You can use any desktop browser or you can perform all actions on Yahoo mail Android app or iOS app.
- Go to the Yahoo Mail web page.
- Choose the account. Enter the email address and click on the “Next” button.
- Tap on “Forgot password” to continue.
- Click on “View more” and choose your mobile number.
- An SMS is received on the smartphone.
- Open the page.
- Enter the 6-digit code and enter the “Verify” button.
- Enter the new password.
- Make sure the password combination is strong, and then click on “Continue.”
- Yahoo will ask you to confirm or add multiple recovery options.
In case, if you are interested to add recovery options or already have active recovery options, then click on “Looks good” to end the process. The page will redirect you to Yahoo mail.
Resetting the password is an ideal way to get back the account and reap the email service benefits. I do recommend the users add multiple recovery options to ensure utmost recovery options late down the line.
Turn on Yahoo mail in iOS device
The Yahoo mail might be disabled in your app, which is causing the problem. You can enable it manually in the iOS app, and allow me to show you how you can enable it.
- Tap on the Yahoo logo located on the top-right side.
- Choose “Settings” to continue.
- Tap on “Manage Accounts” to continue.
- Your Yahoo email is disabled, and tap to re-enable it.
Now, your iOS device will start receiving the emails and will work normally. The dedicated Yahoo iOS app allows the users to disable the mail services for a while, so you won’t get disturbed by the notifications. But you can always disable/enable the email services in the Yahoo app.
Use Account Key Instead
Yahoo have come up with a unique way to let the users login into the account. You can set up an Account Key that allows the users to sign in to the account from anywhere without security violations. All you need is the security key that will show up on the smartphone.
- Open the Yahoo Email app.
- Tap on the “Y!” logo located on the top-right side.
- Click on the “Account Key” below the name.
- Tap on “Set up Account Key” to continue.
- You have to enable push notifications to make it work, so enable notifications and then come back.
- Perform the actions again, and then you will have this on the screen. Tap on “Yes” to confirm it.
- Tap on “Got it” to confirm the action.
- Your phone number will show up on the screen, and tap on “Enable Yahoo Account Key” to confirm it.
- Tap on “Great, got it.”
If you login into the Yahoo mail next time in a browser, you don’t have to enter the password, and receive a “Yes” or “No” notification on the mobile number, where you have set up the feature. However, you must have the Yahoo mail app installed on the iOS device, or else, it won’t work.
Try Firefox or Safari in Private Mode
Chrome is occupying the web browser market but the browser might have stored lots of junk that has triggered the problem. I recommend the users to login into the account from another browser.
You can choose Safari (Private Mode) or Firefox (Private Mode), so you don’t have to worry about cache, cookies, and saved data conflicting with the email service.
There are multiple reasons why you can’t sign in to Yahoo email. However, I did not cover the basics of troubleshooting to solve the Yahoo login issues, but I have shown you the ultimate solutions that will resolve the entire matter permanently.