iMessage not working is a common issue on an iPhone, iPad, MacBook, and Mac PC. Of course, the application interface & function might reflect the same scenario on all devices, but the environment is different from the rest. iMessage is an innovative texting platform available only on Apple devices. But, You can check it out our recent article to get iMessage on PC without mac.
iMessage Not Working? 3 Ways to Fix it
1. Fastest Solution (Reset Settings)
The problem may seem the only ONE, but the reasons behind it are plenty, so determining one among several is difficult. In this method, I will show a way to fix the iMessage not working problem on iPhone or iPad.
Software problems are common in an iPhone & iPad and resetting the device considered as a one-stop solution for it. Resetting a device sounds obvious, but it is an excellent option for solving the software error or system file corruption.
- Tap on settings icon from the menu.
- Tap on General Settings to proceed further.
- Click on Reset, and you got several reset options in the reset menu, but we have to select “Erase all content & settings” to move closer.
- The confirmation notification will pop-up at the bottom of the screen and then click on “Erase iPhone.”
You have to enter the iCloud password if you have connected it to the iPhone or iPad. Make sure to create a back up because the reset method is going to wipe entire data on the phone.
2. iMessage Glitch
Whether the smartphone plagued by the glitch and you are scratching the head for solutions. The most straightforward techniques work at the complicated problems, and a simple restart can fix it.
Go to the iMessage application and then sign out from it. Reboot or restart the iPhone or iPad and sign in to the account. Of course, I don’t think that Apple consumers require a set of instructions for it.
- Tap on the settings from the menu.
- Find the send & receive option and click on it and you can find rest of the options in it.
- Tap on the Apple ID field and it will open the dialog box and it appears in blue text.
- The dialog box opened and then tap on sign out.
Now, repeat the same process after rebooting the phone and then enter the credentials in the same section. After restarting the phone, you will find “use your Apple ID for iMessage” notification instead of Apple ID this time.
3. Confirm First iMessage Configuration Perfectly
The Apple consumers have to enable iMessage from the settings, but you have to enable it for a specific number as well. Enable iMessage slider by going to the settings, then select Messages, and scroll down till you find “Send & Receive,” and then tap on to enable it.
In the same setting, you can find phone numbers & email address associated with the iMessage. Ensure that all email address and numbers selected and enabled.
On MacBook or Mac PC, launch the texting application, and locate Messages menu situated in the upper-left corner of the screen and select Preferences. Find iMessage tab, make sure to enable phone numbers and email address so that you can start a new conversation.
In case, if the iMessage is still not working at this point, then this might be a good time consulting Apple service center. I wouldn’t take extra chances on the self-repairs because it can ruin the Apple device even further.