You can make your iPhone screen darker in the latest edition and it can be tweaked in older iOS versions as well. iPhone & iPad comes with modern features as Apple wants the users to experience the best the world has to offer. Meanwhile, Android manufacturers implemented the functions smoothly via skins or layout but you have to take roundabout methods to make the screen darker. Let us look at several ways, you can make the iPad or iPhone screen darker for aesthetic wise and night reading.
Turn on dark mode function in iOS
Apple added the dark mode function in iOS 13 in 2019, and it works flawlessly on all supported devices. Thousands of apps are taking advantage of the inbuilt dark mode functionalities including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, iMessage, WhatsApp, Snapchat, and more. Allow us to show you how you can enable dark mode on iPhone & iPad.
- Tap on the Settings > Display & Brightness.
- You have two options on the screen like Light & Dark, and tap to select one.
- Readers have an “automatic” button to enable & disable the feature based on the clock time.
You can take advantage of the function and get rid of the manual action. The inbuilt mode works smoothly as expected from the Cupertino-based software company.
Choose a different dark theme
Apple is offering different dark themes in the wallpaper settings, and you should check it out. You can choose a lot of themes that will help make the screen darker or lower the brightness later on.
- Click on the Settings > Wallpaper > Choose the wallpaper.
- Tap on “Stills” to continue.
- You have wallpapers that have white mode and dark mode in the iPhone & iPad.
Choose one and set it as wallpaper as per your liking because it can make a difference later on. You can apply the rest of the solutions that we have suggested to ensure that the screen is darker.
How Do I make my iPhone Screen Dark with the lowest brightness setting?
You can make the iPhone screen darker than the lowest possible brightness level, and here’s how you can do it.
- Tap on Settings > Accessibility > Zoom.
- Click on Zoom Region > Full-Screen Zoom > Zoom Filter.
- Choose “Low light” to finish it.
- Go back and enable “Zoom” from the top option.
Do not close the settings app because you may not like it, and you can revert the changes by tapping on the same button to disable it.
Lower iPhone Brightness (advanced)
iOS mobile operating system has advanced features that get unexplored by the consumers. You can reduce the whiteness on the screen and make it a little darker than the traditional option.
- Tap the Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size.
- Tap on “Reduce White Point” to enable it.
- You have a bar below the setting, and you can reduce or increase the white point of the screen.
You can play around with the option to make the screen darker. Of course, you can revert the changes to the original setting by disabling the white point.
Disable Contrast Setting
Your iPhone may have the contrast setting enabled, which improvises the screen a little but it makes a strong impact on the contrast. The contrast setting works flawlessly, and it does add a greyish color scheme, which might be hindering the brightness.
- Click the Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size.
- Tap on “Increase Contrast” to disable it.
Your screen will look pure-dark in all aspects, and you can play around with the setting to experience the best.
All iOS devices come with an ambient sensor and have a dedicated software-based option to enable/disable Auto-Brightness. You may not know it, but iPhone & iPad Auto-Brightness adjusts the brightness, and you won’t even know it. You can disable it to experience the difference and make the iPhone screen darker.
- Fire up Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size.
- Swipe down to the bottom and tap on “Auto-Brightness” to disable it.
Apple developers enabled the function by default out-of-box, and that’s why many consumers don’t know about it. You can make good use of the advanced feature in iPhone & iPad and it is available on all modern devices.
Apple consumers should update the software to the latest version but make sure to check online news portals for stability & performance information. Apple made drastic changes to the iOS version to meet cross-platform compatibility, and you should take advantage of the latest features.