It can be frustrating when your Apple Watch doesn’t receive notifications. As it means, you are going to miss your WhatsApp alerts, Emails, Phone calls, and whatnot. So, the question is, how to fix Apple Watch not getting notifications?
Well, the Apple watch not receiving notifications is one of the common issues. There are several reasons why the issue occurs.
Fortunately, a little tweak here and there can help you get rid of the error. And in this blog post, I am going to mention all the solutions that you can try out.
Why is my Apple watch not getting any notifications?
There are a bunch of reasons why your Apple Watch is not getting any notifications. Some of the common reasons are:
- You will not get any notifications if you are continuously using your phone. Also, you only get notifications when your Apple Watch is unlocked.
- If you have recently upgraded your iPhone’s iOS version or Watch OS, then there might be a syncing issue. So make sure to resync your Apple watch and iPhone.
- If you have enabled Do Not Disturb mode, you will not get any alerts on your Apple watch.
- You won’t get any notifications if you are not wearing your Apple Watch. But if that’s not the case, then the Wrist Detection feature might be creating an issue. So try disabling it.
How to solve the Apple watch not receiving notifications issue?
Reboot your Apple Watch
A simple restart can put an end to many problems. So before you get into any hard troubleshooting methods, try rebooting your Apple Watch.
Rebooting an Apple watch is pretty easy. And if you don’t know how to do so, try following the steps:
- First, press and hold the side button.
- Soon you will see a red slide.
- Slide the slider, and your Apple watch will get turned off.
- Now press and hold the side buttons till you see the Apple logo.
That’s it. Your Apple Watch has been successfully rebooted. Also, do try to reboot your iPhone as well and see if you are still facing the same issue.
Make sure your notification settings configured correctly
You should also check your Apple Watch notification settings and ensure that everything is alright. To check them, follow the below steps.
- Launch Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Now tap on one of the inbuilt apps like Activity.
- Finally, make sure Notification is checked.
- Do the same with all the other apps and see if everything is in its place.
Also, for third-party apps like WhatsApp, make sure that you have the Mirror iPhone Alerts From feature enabled.
Check iPhone is paired to Apple Watch or not
The next thing you should check is whether your Apple watch is paired with your iPhone or not. Checking whether both of the devices are connected is extremely easy.
- First, touch and hold the bottom of your Apple watch screen.
- Swipe up to open the control center.
- Now over here, check for the Connected status icon.
If your Apple Watch is not connected, then do pair it. Or if it’s already paired, then disconnect your Apple watch from your iPhone and pair both of the devices again and see if it worked.
Check your network connection
Make sure that the internet is working properly on your iPhone. In case if your internet is down, you might not be getting any notifications on your iPhone. Therefore, the same is not being alerted on your Apple watch as well.
Turn off DND Feature if it’s turned on
The Do Not Disturb feature makes sure that you are not getting disturbed by any notifications. Or when you want to avoid notifications and focus on your work.
However, you should know that you won’t be getting any notifications on your Apple watch when DND mode is enabled. So, make sure your Apple Watch is not on DND mode.
To check and disable it, you have to follow these steps:
- Swipe up from the bottom to open Control Center on your Apple Watch screen.
- Now make sure that the Moon icon is not purple. If it is, then tap on the icon to disable Do Not Disturb mode.
Once done, check if it worked for you or you are still having trouble with Apple Watch not getting notification issues.
Turn off wrist detection feature
If the Wrist Detection Feature is on, then you will only get notifications if Apple detects that you are wearing the watch. However, sometimes the feature doesn’t work the way it should. So, you can try disabling the feature and check if it worked.
To turn off the feature, you have to follow the below steps:
- Launch Watch app from your iPhone.
- Scroll down till see you Passcode option and tap on it.
- Finally, turn off the Wrist Detection feature.
Now, wait for any notification to come in and see if your Apple Watch alert you or not.
Update your Apple Watch and iPhone with latest software
There might be a bug with your Apple Watch or iPhone which is not let your watch get any notifications. And hopefully, Apple has already addressed the issue and rolled out a fix with an OS update.
So do check if there are any available updates for your Apple Watch or iPhone and install it.
Contact Apple Support Team or Visit Nearest Store
If, in the end, nothing works out for you, then you try contacting Apple Support Team. Do reach out to them using the Apple Support portal. Or you can visit your nearest Apple Store to get further help.
So those were some of the fixes for your issue on how to fix the Apple watch not getting notifications. Now go ahead and try following the above methods and see if they are any help to you. Also, if you get stuck at anything, let me know using the comments.