Creating a new account is an easy task, and learning how to delete a Skype account is a difficult task. The websites that offer sign-up option do not provide extensive details on deletion. I mean, we cannot blame them because nobody wants to lose customers or users from the platform. However, we are going to explain to you how you can delete an existing Skype account.
How to Close Skype Account From Computer
Skype technology acquired by Microsoft decades ago and they converted it into a Microsoft product. You need to have access to the MS account, or else you won’t be able to access the options. Remember, you cannot recover a deleted Skype account after 60 days of the period.
The company does allow the newly deleted accounts to return to its state within 60 days of the period. The saved form data will be stored in the server securely until the account is secured or the elimination date reaches.
- Click on the username located at the top of the window, and it will take you to the advanced options.
- A new side window will show up on the screen and then click on “settings” for more option.
- In the right sidebar, you can find several options, but scroll down until you find the option “Close Account” and click on it to proceed.
- Microsoft requires the existing users to sign-in to the account to confirm the status. Enter the email address and then password to verify the identification.
- In case, if you have not accessed the account in ages, then you have to provide CODE that sent to the registered recovery email address. Open the inbox of the recovery email, and you will find the one-time password in it. Enter the one-time password in the empty field and confirm the action.
- Microsoft provides current agreement and policies that apply after the account deletion. Read them carefully or scroll down to the bottom and then click on “NEXT” to proceed.
- You have to sign the consent by clicking on all options shown in the process and proceed to the bottom. At the bottom, you got an option to confirm that you will lose access to the Skype account after 60 days period. Click on the “mark account for closure”, and it will close the account temporarily.
Of course, the deleted account might not be accessible for now, but you can recover it within two months. Make sure to reconsider the action because you will lose data in the process and even Microsoft cannot recover fragments of data related to the account.
Permanently Delete your Skype Account on Mobile
Skype mobile is available on cross platforms such as Android, iPhone, and Windows Mobile. Interestingly, the software company is offering the latest Skype version and the lightweight version. The interface might differ visually, and the deletion option is not available on lightweight application. The Skype original mobile version comes with deletion option and features as a desktop application.
- Launch the application on Android or iOS. Click on “profile icon” located at the top of the app.
- Skype will provide more options in this section, but you have to scroll down to the bottom until “settings” appear on the screen. Tap on Skype mobile settings to proceed further.
- The first option “account & profile” will show up on the screen and then tap on the option to proceed further.
- At the end of the application, you can find “close your account” option in it. Tap on the option and make sure that you have an active internet connection.
- The default browser will pop-up on the screen, and you have to enter MSN credentials, and they are nothing but Microsoft email account.
- MS will send a one-time password to the recovery email, and you have to input the code in the empty field to confirm the identity.
- Complete the agreement and then tap on next to proceed.
- You have to agree with all policies and agreements and then confirm that you understand the consequences of closing a Skype account. Tap on confirm and then final step by clicking on “Close Skype Account.”
Microsoft will hold onto the data for two months, and you have the responsibility to understand that the data is not recoverable after the mentioned time. Now, anyone can delete Skype account without assistance from a professional or someone else.