iOS users can send a voice message on iPhone, iPad, and Mac devices. Apple took a long time to introduce the voice notes feature in iMessage, but it was implemented in a certain app long back. The Cupertino-based company believes in perfection and stability, but it indeed took a long time to introduce it. Nonetheless, iOS devices support voice messages in the SMS app and allow us to show you how you can send voice messages on iOS and macOS.
What is a voice message on an iOS Device?
Apple announced that they have worked on the voice message technology and integrated it into the SMS app. A voice message is not for everyone, but it is a viable option to convey longer conversations. Many don’t have enough time to type, and it is easier to send a voice note while working on another task. It is a long-awaited feature for iOS device owners, and there is nothing wrong with making use of it. Here’s a quick guide on how you can record and send voice messages to other iMessage users on iPhone, iPad, and Mac computers.
How to send a voice message in iMessage?
You need an active internet connection, so keep it in mind. I did not find the voice message option in iOS 12, but it’s present in iOS 13, so it is safe to say that you need an iPhone or iPad that can run iOS 13 or later edition.
- Open the app and open any existing thread or create a new iMessage.
- Tap & Hold the record icon located in the “iMessage” typing bar.
- The recording begins the moment you hold the icon.
- Remove your finger, and it will stop recording the voice. Tap on the “Play” icon to preview the recorded message.
- It will play the recorded message in the earphones or headphones, if you have connected or else, it will play from the speaker.
- Tap on the “Send button” above the “Play” button to send it to the recipient.
- The voice message is sent to the recipient.
That’s how you can send voice messages to the iMessage users on iPhone, iPad, and Mac computer. You can do the same on a Mac computer and follow the simple guide to find out how to do it.
How to send a voice message on Mac and MacBook?
Mac computer supports iMessage in the SMS app and it is an advanced feature that is part of the ecosystem. However, Apple introduced it in 2018 with macOS Mojave 10.14 version. Your Mac computer should support Mojave 10.14 or later to use the voice message feature.
macOS Big Sur inspired from the latest iOS layout, so the interface will be similar to what it is on iPad and iPhone running iOS 13 or later.
- Open the SMS app from the dock or launchpad.
- Open an existing thread or create a new conversation from contacts.
- Click the record icon located in the “iMessage” typing bar.
- Record your message and then click on the “Stop” button.
- You can click on the “Play” button to preview it.
- Click on the Send button to send it to the recipient.
Catalina 10.15: There isn’t much difference in the tutorial except, the record icon is outside and right beside the “iMessage” typing bar.
Mojave 10.14: Apple developed the new feature in the early version, and they chose the microphone icon instead of the record icon in Mojave. The microphone icon is located on the right side of the “iMessage” typing bar.
Apple should have introduced it long back, but it is a common phenomenon for the company. The iPhone, iPad, and Mac owners have to wait a long time for modern features to arrive in iOS and macOS. Nonetheless, you can send voice messages to other iMessage users on iPhone, iPad, and macOS owners.