Using effects in FaceTime requires iOS 12 or the latest version of the Apple mobile operating system. Fortunately, Apple keeps up to the demands of the existing customer base, and they added effects for portable devices. The most precious company from the USA occupied the smartphone market by storm, and the iPhone is the highest selling premium device.
Nobody can deny that Apple nailed the technology, and they integrated the software to the macOS machines. Since effects are a part of the conversation enhancement method, so Apple added innovative ways to make conversations interesting.
You can use and add Shapes, Stickers, Text label, Filters, Animoji, and Memoji in FaceTime. I will go through each effect, so you don’t have to figure out the number of functions available, and start working on improving the conversations at an expert level.
How to use shapes in FaceTime Calls
First, we are going to look at the effects that don’t require iPhone X or above. Most of the Apple market occupied by the older generation phones, so we are going to cover for them.
- Call the mobile number and make sure it is connected.
- Tap the screen, and then click on the effects button.
- Tap on the Shapes button, and select one shape from the menu.
- There are many options available in the same window and swipe up to browse through it.
- The device owner can drag the shapes to place wherever you want on the screen.
Removing the added element requires taping on the shape and then select the “Done Editing” (X) button to remove it. Search for newer mobile operating system updates because Apple is improving the texting platform and video calling functions for innovative ways to enhance the conversations.
How to send animated Animoji or Memoji recordings
- Tap on the Animoji button, then select an Animoji or Memoji from the menu.
- Tap on the red record button to start capturing your facial expression including voice, and then tap to stop recording.
- Click on “Replay” to review the recording.
- Tap on the “Send” button to send it.
Press on the Animoji or Memoji button and then delete (X) button to remove it. Readers need to have iPhone X or above device to start using Animoji because it requires facial detection sensor hardware.
How to Add Stickers during FaceTime Call on iPhone & iPad
Adding stickers during the call is a possible action because the Apple software developing team enabled the device owner to customize the calls.
- Click on the screen during the call, and select Effects (✰) button to perform any action.
- Tap on “Memoji Sticker” or “Emoji Stickers” to continue.
- Tap the text button to reveal the keyboard and swipe up to find the Emoji button.
- Tap on a sticker to add it to the call.
- Swipe right or swipe left to view more options from the menu.
- You can drag the sticker to place it on the desired position on the screen.
Add Text Label to FaceTime
- Click on the screen to view more options and select the effects button to reveal the section.
- Tap the text box to expand, and then tap a text label.
- Explore the Text Label menu by swiping up the window.
- Select the Text Label and type the text, while it is selected, and then tap to send it.
- Callers have to drag the label to place on the desired spot.
FaceTime effects require iOS 11 running devices and make sure to update the latest version. You need an active internet connection to make the call and can add effects during the call.