A PDF document is a go-to solution in the corporate world, and it is a common file format among business people. You can convert a group of photos into a PDF file to showcase the work or send it as a presentation to clients. Creating PDF documents required a working computer, but iOS devices have gotten powerful over the years. We are going to use the iPhone and iPad to convert a photo to a PDF document. We are going to utilize inbuilt tools and third-party apps to achieve the desired results. I have broken the tutorial into parts to make it comprehensible, so do not miss any paragraphs.
How to convert picture to PDF on iPhone and iPad without app?
iOS software has the PDF conversion feature in the Photos app, and I must say that it is a cost-effective solution. You don’t have to download or install any app or tool online and convert any photo or group of photos into a PDF document.
- Open the Photos app and view the photo that you want to convert.
- Tap on the “Share” button located at the bottom left corner.
- Tap on Save to Files > Print > Save to Files.
- Tap on “On My iPhone” then tap on the “Save” button.
- Newly PDF documents will be saved in File Manager.
- Files app confirms that it is a PDF document.
Wasn’t that easy? Of course, you need a dedicated PDF editor to make further changes. But you no longer have to install an app on the iPhone or iPad to create PDF documents out of photos.
Convert Group Photo in PDF Document
I avoided using multiple photos in the last tutorial so I could demonstrate process easiness. But, this time, I will show you how to create a PDF document on the iOS device while adding multiple photos. I have skipped a couple of parts here, so make sure to go through the above tutorials beforehand.
- Open the “Files” app and tap on the three-dot setting located at the top right corner.
- Choose “New Folder” to continue.
- Rename the folder so you can keep track.
- Go back to the Photos app and copy selected photos into the new folder.
- Open the “Files” app and tap on “On My iPhone” to continue.
- I moved two items from the Photos app and open the newly created folder.
- Tap and hold the photo to rename it.
- Choose “Rename” and maintain order.
- Rename the photos in order, and the PDF document will follow it.
- Tap on the three-dot setting located at the top right corner and choose “Select”.
- Select all photos.
- Tap on the three-dot setting located at the bottom right corner and choose “Create PDF”.
- The New PDF document is created in the Files app.
The entire process may seem exhaustive and roundabout, but it is an official method coming from Apple. I should point out that this is an effective way to create a PDF document out of multiple photos.
Convert Image to PDF using PDF App
The combination of the Photos and Files app may seem roundabout, but it is indeed complicated, regardless of how you look at it. In such cases, you got PDF editors in App Store that make the entire process immersive. Install any desired PDF editor from App Store.
- Open PDF editor.
- Select images that you want to put in a PDF document.
- Tap on the “PDF” icon located at the top-right menu.
- Tap on the “Get it now” button.
- Subscribe to the service.
Unfortunately, almost every PDF editor in the App Store is asking to subscribe to the paid plan. Meanwhile, similar apps are available for free on Android’s Play Store. That’s the reason why I consider the Files and Photo app method cost-effective if you take time to learn to do it.
How to convert photo to PDF files online
The world has switched to online editors, and you can make good use of the alternative. Let me show you how to use an online PDF tool and create a PDF document with photos.
- Open the iOS browser and go to the SmallPDF site.
- Tap on “Choose Files” to continue.
- Choose “Photo Library” to add photos.
- Tap to select one or more photos from the library and then tap on the “Add” button.
- Let the browser upload all selected images.
- The “Convert” button appears once all images are uploaded, and tap on it.
iPhone is not allowing to download of PDF documents in the local storage. It is another limitation of the iOS software. But you combined all photos to convert them into PDF documents and download them from Windows, Mac, Linux, or Android devices.
I have shown you five ways to convert a photo to PDF on iPhone and iPad. A frequent user should opt-in premium subscription from reputed developers like Foxit Editor because it’s worth it. iOS software has limitations, and you witnessed it in the tutorial. Let us know what complications you faced while creating a PDF document out of photos in the comment section below.