Do you want to know how to add, use and manage emoji on an iPhone?
In this tutorial, I will guide the readers to access emoji, manage, and enable the functionality on the iPhone, and iPad. Apple added universally supported emojis that is compatible with cross-platform devices.
How to enable emoji in the keyboard?
As the title suggests, Apple added emojis in the keyboard and you can access it anytime using the inbuilt virtual keyboard. iOS enables the function by default, and you don’t have to perform multiple actions to use it. However, you might have disabled it by mistake or someone might have disabled it. In this short tutorial, I will show you how you can enable emoji on the keyboard.
- Fire up “Settings” and tap on “General” settings.
- Swipe down and tap on “Keyboard” options.
- Tap on “Keyboards” to add a check and add a new one.
- Click on “Add New Keyboard” to continue. Remember, the “Emoji” keyboard should show up below the “English” language, and that’s how you know that it is enabled.
- Click on “Emoji” to add it to the keyboard.
- The Emoji option should appear in the list.
Remember, it is removable by tapping on the “Edit” button and swipe right to view more options and then tap on the “Delete” button to remove it. Coming to the performance review, I never had a performance decline while using the keyboard. Apple-designed the keyboard for a smooth experience, and I used it in an old iPhone.
How to use Emojis on an iPhone and iPad
I want to remind you that you can use the keyboard emojis on multiple applications including WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Discord, and more. Apple added universally recognized elements in the phone, and don’t worry about the compatibility issues.
- Fire up iMessage and open “Keyboard” to type.
- Tap on the emoji icon in the left bottom of the keyboard to view more.
- Tap to add one element, and tap on the “Send” button to send it.
You can add multiple elements from the keyboard, and there is a wide range of collection of elements that you can use to improve the conversation. Every single emoji is supported by the cross-platform, and remember, they might look slightly different on the other phones.
Apple phones are designed for modern consumers that don’t want to spend plenty of time navigating the device. The predictive technology evolved over the years in the keyboard, and now, you can add an emoji using specific keywords. Let me demonstrate it and then try to comprehend how it works.
Type “Happy” and related elements will show up on the predictive area. That includes word correction and emojis, and tap to use them in the conversation.
Now, you can type common words such as Map, Car, Vehicle, Bulb, Mango, Tree, Money, and more. The predictive tool offers multiple word correction and emojis in the area, and you have to tap on them to add it to the conversation.
Replace any word with emoji
Did you know that you can replace any word with emoji? Yeah, you can do it, and I will show you how you can accomplish the task without spending additional time on figuring it out. Follow the guide, and it works on iOS 12.1 or above.
- Open the keyboard and type whatever you want to express in words.
- Tap & hold on the word that you want to replace it with an emoji. A quick toggle shows up on the screen and tap on “Select” to select the word.
- Once the specific word is selected, the predictive function kicks-in, and now tap on the emoji available in the predictive area.
- Replace all words with emojis, and I have demonstrated in the snapshot below.
- Tap on the send button to deliver the message.
Remember, you cannot change every single word because the majority of them are not available in the market.
Make sure to use the words that have dedicated emojis in the library. Do not use random words or select random words, and expect iOS to cover for you.
You can install a third-party package from the Apple app store, but they might not support cross-platform and they may end up having an error. Your phone or iPad needs to run iOS 12.1 or above for modern functions, and further support.