The social media giant didn’t add a Facebook video download option on the website, mobile app, and dedicated desktop apps. Internet is a massive space, where you got plenty of free tools that enable the users to save Facebook videos in the local storage. Allow us to guide the readers through the process, and you can Facebook video download on iOS, Mac, and Windows machines. All you need is an active internet connection and an active security layer to prevent the pop-ups advertisements to spread malware in the machine.
How to save videos from Facebook on iPhone and iPad?
Everyone is aware of the iOS software restrictions, and Apple purposely controls it. Nonetheless, there is a way to save outsource videos on iPhone and iPad and follow our small guide to achieve the same results.
- Open the Video in the Facebook App.
- Tap on the Share > More Options.
- You have more options on the screen and tap on “Copy” to continue.
- Install the Documents app and open it. Tap on the browser icon located at the bottom right corner.
- Go to the Getfvid.com site and paste the link.
- Click on the download button.
- Give the title and choose destination file folder location and then tap on “Done” to finish the process.
- Let the file fetch the data and save the video.
- The video is playing smoothly in the iPhone default player.
There is no way to save the video directly in local storage, and we have to take roundabout methods. However, it is safe to use the Documents by Readdle as it is listed on Apple App Store.
How to save HD FB Videos on Android?
Android is flexible and has little to no restrictions and that is why we are going to make good use of the freedom. There is a dedicated app available for Android devices that lets you save Facebook videos in local storage.
- Install FastVid App from Google Play store.
- Open FB post and tap on the three-dot setting.
- Tap on “Copy Link” from the drop-up menu.
- Open the FastVid app and choose “URL” and never log in to FB account within the app.
- Tap on “Paste” and then tap on “Download” to fetch the details.
- You have three options on the screen and choose one.
- The video download completion will be notified.
- I played the saved video in the default “Files” app, and it works as expected.
The Android method is much more secure compared to other solutions because the app serves Google Ads. The annoying display ads do show up from time to time, but it is a trade-off that is worth it for security and stability.
How to High-quality Facebook Video Download in Windows and Mac?
It doesn’t matter if you own a Mac or Windows machine because the online tools do not differ from the software. Mac is restricted in one way, while Windows is all about freedom.
- Open the FB post and copy the URL.
- Go to fbdown.net and paste the URL and then click on the “Download” button.
- You have two options and choose one resolution.
- Normal Quality: Standard Quality (480p or 360p or lower).
- HD Quality: The highest quality available of the video.
- The web tool will load the FB video in the browser media player. You have to right-mouse click to view the “Save Video As” option and then click on it.
- Save the video file.
- I played the video on VLC Media Player.
The audio output was as it was on the FB post. The audio bitrate is 392 kbps, and the output is decent.
You may not have a Facebook video download on the official site but you can take roundabout methods to save it. The social media giant doesn’t have the “download” option because they want you to come back to spend more time on it. The output quality may differ a little but it won’t disappoint you whatsoever.